Thursday, January 29, 2015

The final push....

So here we are...2015.  It's the year I turn 30...and the time of reaching my goal has arrived.  I have approximately 10 weeks until my 30th birthday...at that point I hope to weigh in at 140lb (or maybe a little less).

According to my app, I'm 88.63% of the way to my goal weight-loss wise, and 86.29% of the way.  It's getting close.

I have found this last little bit to be the hardest part of the journey.  I'm feeling better, I like how I look in my clothes a lot more, I'm working a lot, and it's winter.  Those are all excuses I've made - either consciously or unconsciously - to "slack off" or slow down on my workouts or whatever it may be.

I need a little bit of motivation for this last push...10 weeks is plenty of time to lose about 6lbs...I just need to get my butt back in gear.  I got back on the treadmill yesterday and it felt awesome - even though I hadn't run in 12 days.  It's almost as if every now and again I need a little "vacation" so to speak...then getting back into the routine is that much easier.

I guess what I'm saying is this...sometimes the final push is the hardest...the last little bit of that journey is the biggest uphill battle.  There will be setbacks.  There will be struggles.  But the best advice I can give is to just keep working...have more good days than bad...and in the end you'll be successful.

This group of women, who are all working hard in their own regard, have given me so much inspiration, support, and have - perhaps without even knowing it - held me accountable.  I could not have done this without you all.  Now...it's time for the final push.

10 weeks.  6 pounds.

I got this.


1 comment:

  1. You sooooo GOT THIS! They say those last few pounds are always the hardest, but you can do it. You look amazing Lauren!

    ReplyDelete